Exceed 14 Group 13
From eXceed Camp
What is REST?
Working too hard or sitting for a long time can cause a serious health problem. REST is the chair designed to help people that face office syndrome problem.
This is the website for demo/prototype system only.\
How does it work?
- When user sits for too long, the chair will shake or spin to warn user that he need to take a break from working.
- If user sits still for a long time so that the sensor detect that something wrong happen, the chair will make an alarm to wake user up. If user doesn't make any reaction to the sound, the information will be send to someone for help.
- The website shows about the sitting health status; Healthy, Normal, Stress, Almost Unhealthy, Unhealthy.
- The bar shows the ratio of sitting and taking a break period.
- If user take a break not long enough, the timer will not reset.
- Weekly summary is the chart between hours that user sits and the day of the week.
- Standard Servo - to make the chair move.
- Motion Sensor - to detect user's action.
- Switch - to detect if user is sitting or not.
- Buzzer - to make sounds.
Features in future
- Add more features to measure heart rate and pressure.
- Smarter motion detection.